Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baby 3.0 and Random Thoughts

I am 36 weeks and 4 days...today I go in for my 36 week ultrasound to make sure the baby is not breach (I'm pretty sure the baby is because I have felt the baby having hiccups last night in my pelvis).  Regardless it will be exciting to see the baby again.  If you are thinking I can find out what the baby is there's a slight chance, but by now the baby is so big it will be hard to see and we are only a couple weeks away from the live show.  So why not wait?

We still don't have a boy name yet so any suggestions are welcome.  In preparation for the baby I tried to buy gender neutral clothes but clearly that is not what's in right now because they are hard to come by.  It's alright though, it's a small sacrifice for a big reveal.  I know some of my friends have wanted to do a gender reveal party for us, but I really don't want them to know first.  Maybe if we ever have a fourth, I'm thinking no fourth by the way.  When I went into labor with Bradley and Amelia after the head was out the doctors let Chris deliver the rest.  How amazing will it be when he discovers first what we created together and tells me.  I think I may cry with this one.  I didn't cry when the others were born, afterward I did when we had our alone time, just me and the baby.

There's something comforting in knowing Chris delivered our first two.  Rumor has it between your first and second baby labor is cut in half.  After my water broke with Bradley (and it broke at home, unexpectedly with no contractions beforehand), it was eight and a half hours before I saw his sweet face.  With Amelia my water was broken for me at the hospital and three to three and a half hours later, we held her.  I was advised this time, if it breaks at home and we don't think we will make the hour drive, call 911 or call a local hospital.  

I choose to deliver in Syracuse (about an hour away from our house) because the doctor's are amazing! I had Bradley in Syracuse (at Saint Joseph's) and had a great experience.  My provider had changed for Amelia so we had her in Syracuse (at Crouse) and I absolutely loved that experience as well.  My doctor's office is amazing.  When I take my kids with me, if I have to have a more personal exam they will take the kids out of the room and a nurse will entertain them.  Since Bradley is now in school, it's normally just me and Amelia.  She loves the doctor's office.  She even brings her Doc McStuffins doctor's kit or plays around with their equipment.  What I mean by that is they allow her to "take my blood pressure," when I get blood drawn they give her the bandaid to help with, last time they allowed her to find the baby's heartbeat and she had to tell me it sounded good and she measured my belly and told me the measurements.  I do have to say she is very darling too.  She will not be moved by needles and is right up there watching what happens, which is good because I don't wince or cry so she knows it doesn't hurt.  Over my summer appointments she would show up in a princess dress and her dress up princess shoes.  The doctor's office is only 45 minutes from my house which is only 15 more minutes from any reputable office around here.  

What else gives me comfort is after my last miscarriage they were right on top of things with what to take at the beginning of this pregnancy to prevent possible blood clots and progesterone to help keep the baby "sticky in my uterus."  I think the greatest comfort of all is my doctor, whom I was originally referred to.  I can see one of five doctor's in this practice but the one who delivered Amelia is the one I was referred to and she is LDS like me.  It gives me the greatest comfort knowing she will follow the spirit in her practice.  She even said when she knows a patient is having a difficult time she puts their name in the temple and she constantly prays for her patients.  I know without a shadow of doubt she felt the spirit when Amelia was born.  I was going to be sent home from the hospital (to the point they didn't even admit yet) and she said no.  Within the next half hour I was in a ton of pain, she was breaking my water and they were scrambling to do the paperwork to get me officially admitted.  

I had difficulty right to the end with Amelia.  This makes me nervous for this baby.  My heart rate and blood pressure had dropped significantly after the epidural and oxygen wasn't helping, I had to be injected with something that began with a z or x to get my blood pressure back up.  All of this made Chris very nervous and for me I just wanted to close my eyes and go to sleep.  Apparently it was low enough that if it went a little bit lower I would have been in a coma.  It was 62/30 or 60/32 something extremely low, I would have to check the post I wrote after Amelia was born to see what it was exactly.    They said I didn't have enough fluid or water in my system.  Before I get an epidural this next time to make sure I have two bags beforehand.  In the meantime I am drinking water as we speak.  With Bradley I never had a problem, but I also had more time.  And honestly after that hiccup I was fine.  Because of that though, I'm worried about getting an epidural so I'm contemplating doing it without one but the pain is very difficult.  I don't know what to do.  Pray, pray, pray.  

I want this baby to be born soon so I have a November baby.  Amelia is December 10th, this one is due the 15th, Chris is the 22nd and then it's Christmas.  November would be a great month, but whenever the baby is ready then that's when it will happen.  I'm comfortable waiting too.  Those are my thoughts and feelings.  I am so grateful for this baby already and the pregnancy is very easy compared to Amelia.  I already couldn't imagine life any different.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness! Your December is like our October. =) Your call for a boy name pulled me back to the dream world two nights ago where I came up with this awesome name for a fantasy character, then couldn't recall it after I woke. (So frustrating.) --So thank you for that.

    I'm hoping this delivery goes smooth and that you're able to enjoy this baby to the fullest. There's something magic about #3--not that 1 and 2 aren't great, but I think by #3 you're able to appreciate babies more for the fact you know what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete