Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finish a Book

So my goal was to finish a book in the near future.....turns out I did! I just finished it this morning, it's The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. It was fantastic and I highly recommend it to everyone. I first I could only read maybe a page because of the baby but then I realized this week I'd read while he took a nap and turns out I finished it quite quickly.

I highly recommend reading the book. It's definitely easy reading. It's about this girl who grew up in the 60's who is struggling with identity really. She feels the responsibility of killing her mother when she was just four years old, she picked up a gun, it went off and accidentally killed her. She comes from an unloving relationship with her father and is struggling to find ANY sort of information about her mother, yet she can't come to find out the truth of her mother if she keeps telling lies. The book is fantastic! I recommend it.

As for everything else, I'm having company come over today, have to finish cleaning (only have to clean the bedroom, do laundry and clean the kitchen), pack, go to an appointment and not go insane then I'm all set for the day. I'm excited and hoping I get it all done. AND as of right now I'm feeling alright. I can't complain there.

Well anyway this is short because I have a lot to do.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing the book! And I hope you aren't cleaning up for us! Know that Owen can and probably will destroy your house in less than 10 second flat. Not to mention I could care less! Well I've gotta get back to Owen. See you this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete