Friday, March 27, 2009

Moving On....Slowly

Well after Saturday nights events.....Sunday was ok. Chris was right there with me and we have a family day. We didn't do anything and it was a bit solemn but it was ok.

Monday was very hard and I cried a lot. I was alone a lot because Chris had school and I don't think I would have wanted to stay home anyway.

Tuesday I was so grateful Chris was home. I couldn't have asked for anything better, through a very difficult time. Tuesday I was having contractions and my water broke. Finally we delivered the baby at home. It was one of the most physically painful experiences I ever had. On top of the mess it made, the doctors wanted us to bring it in for lab testing. Chris tried his best to find it in our toilet and he grabbed what he could but it wasn't the baby. I'm kind of grateful.

Shortly thereafter, the doctors had us come in for an appointment. I was still dizzy so they sent me to the ER. They thought I lost too much blood. Six hours in the ER later....I was released. I didn't need blood. They did an ultrasound and yes I did "pass the baby." They were contemplating surgery but decided to hold off. I'll find out coming Tuesday if my pregnancy hormone is going down enough, if not strap on the gas mask, I'm having surgery.

Wednesday was an overall good day. We got a black kitten with white armpits. We call him Mr. Bojangles. He loves to cuddle.

Thursday was kind of depressing.

And today friends of ours are in labor and called me for advise on how to get through it! Oh geesh! So even though a life was lost another one this very moment is getting ready to come into the world. Chris and I may possibly drive up to help with the labor process because their family isn't around. She's been in labor since 1am....making it.....eleven hours and she's only 1 and a half centimeters dialated! Oh poor Tabitha!!! So hopefully we can help and in the end it'll help me overcome some sadness. Overall though, we are getting through it. There may be some rough patches in the way but we are strong. I am very grateful for the support of my friends and family and of course the flowers and food!!! Thank you all.

1 comment: