Tuesday, July 13, 2010

EUREKA!

I think I finally figured it out this week.....while giving Bradley a bath, I clean him, then let him play, during that time I can....read my scriptures, prepare my lesson (what I can while sitting on the bathroom toilet making sure my little man doesn't slip), read magazines, whatever the case.

To make matters better, while getting Bradley to sleep (typically an hour process), I can do the same. You see Bradley has had a very difficult time falling asleep since we've moved. Partially my fault, partially Chris's fault and partially Bradley. Anyway we started out sitting next to his bed and slowly have moved a chair farther and farther away. Now we are out in the hall, next to his door. If I turn on my bedroom light I have enough light to read, etc. Let me tell you I feel fulfilled!

If I keep my chores to Monday and work really hard, then several times a week I have peace and quiet (with no anxiety) about reading, doing extras and the list can go on. I worked very hard this past Monday and the Monday's before and finally, other then daily up keep, I'm enjoying extra time with Bradley and to myself. I already feel well prepared for Sunday's lesson (other then typing out my notes), I have done extra reading from a manual to help with teaching, I've worked with Bradley on letters, worked on an educational book for two year olds and tracing, Bradley and I colored today, played outside, took naps, I read leisurely (not once but twice). I honestly feel WONDERFUL! So far I have a plan....tomorrow if the weather is decent we are going blueberry picking (thanks to some great girls from church who invited me this evening). I am thrilled.

I know this plan will change when my little girl comes into this world but for now she's still baking in my belly, but until then.....I feel better, I have a place and I'm doing something productive other then the usual cleaning, errands and feeling like a robot. :)

1 comment: