Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Day of School



Bradley went to his first day of nursery school today, he's too young for pre-school. He meets with his class Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12-1:30. Today was a little shorter because it was the first day for them. He absolutely loved it! Bradley had no separation anxiety and didn't even get his coat or back pack off before trying to run around the entire room to play.

Typically they ask the parents to stay outside the classroom because of the separation anxiety, but like I said, he did well and they said I could leave. I got to the car and cried a little. Then was confused what to do. So....I went home and cleaned a little.




When I got back to the classroom, there was five minutes left before class ended. I peeked through the little window and saw Bradley running around and laughing. They had a little tunnel set up and the kids would crawl from one teacher at one end (Ms. Alguire) to the teacher at the other end (Ms. Barker). Bradley could hardly wait until his turn. He'd go in one end and crawl out the other laughing and giggling to get back in line for another turn.

At the end, they had all the kids sit together on the rug and then they opened the door for the parents. Bradley didn't even move until he saw me, just smiled for all the parents taking pictures. Once he saw me he got up and ran and giggled. Then he headed right out the door without his coat or back pack. We of course got it, put it on.




I turned to Bradley and asked if he had fun....his answer, "Yeah."

"Can you say thank you to your teachers?"

Bradley ran back to the door of the class room and yelled, "THANK YOU!" Waved bye bye and we left. He's been on cloud nine ever since.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for Bradley! So excited he liked the tunnel. You should be so proud that he does so well in group settings, that he shares and knows how to wait his turn... And so much more. You have so much to be thankful for. And of course I know you know that. I guess I just realized that as I read your blog post.

    ReplyDelete