Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Stresses of Life

So pretty much I'm now trying to get out of the military and ROTC for the reason that now I'm going to be a mommy of two, only thirteen months apart. Getting out of the military isn't the problem at all, it's getting out of ROTC.

Apparently they don't follow the same rules as the ARMY. I have to breech my contract in some way in order to get out. Well guess what I never did. And pregnancy isn't a way to get out of ROTC at all. Almost a year ago I already finished my requirements to commission, but they wouldn't commission me because I was pregnant. So now I'm currently stuck in limbo for the next year unless I prove hardship, which is definitely what I have going on and it only confirmed itself even more so yesterday. I mentioned the two kids, a high risk pregnancy this time, insurance issues, my husbands difficulties regarding having PTSD and back problems that leave him immobile, plus our closest immediate family is three hours away and my closest extended family is an hour and a half. I'm stressed.

And last night as I came into our office there Chris was trying to do homework, with problems with his back, leaning over the computer chair typing on his knees. I guess I just can't win. To make matters better I heard on average the process for ROTC takes about nine months and I may have to get my senators, etc involved, because we need it to move fast or I can't get out of the military as easy. It's a mess but hopefully it will be straightened out soon.

As for everything else, my son refused to sleep last night and anytime he was almost there the phone rang, plus I didn't get a break, which my husband will provide, instead I got complaints about how laundry wasn't done. Right now I feel like a maid and a nanny.

Hopefully today will be better.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there! Take a deep breath. This is the "Molly Mormon" speaking. All will go according to Heavenly Father's will. Have faith and hope, continue to serve him in any way you can, making His will your first priority and all will work out! There's only so much you can do and the rest is in His hands. And as far as your husband goes... it's a new day. Hopefully things will get better. Remember you are a great Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis,
    I agree with Renae...Hang in there, take a deep breath, and tomorrow is a new day. As for getting out of ROTC and the military. ROTC has done nothing but jerk you around from the begining, I remember. But I can not give you unbias advice on getting out of the military. I am a lifer and you were too, at one time. But kids can change that, I am sure. You will make the right decision for you and your family, of that I am sure. Some day I will be faced with a simlar decision.
    Just don't forget I love you and am here to support you, even if I am on the far side of planet right now.

    ReplyDelete