Monday, April 27, 2009

Grateful

I am eternally grateful for my friends.  This past week has been good, a few hiccups and I'm sure some of you know what they are.  I am not a person who has a lot of friends for the simple reason there's so few people who don't add drama to your life or make a mountain out of a mole hill.  For the friends I have I just want you to know I absolutely love you guys.  I do have so very few of you and just had a reality check why I keep so few of you.  Thank goodness!

Rachael - This week I'd go crazy without you.  You are down to Earth and overall just a good and wonderful person.  Who else would I skip going to the gym with in order to tan!  Tan or walk?!?  I'm glad you think the same as me and think TAN!!  Thank you for all you do!

Brooke - I don't think anyone could understand our jobs in the military like you and I last summer.  It was so nice to be able to have your support and to stand up to people when my job wouldn't allow it.  Thank you so very much!  I can't wait until you are back from Iraq!

Kari - You are genuine and are not afraid to tell it how it is.  You're realistic and crazy when we need to be crazy and laugh.  I love it.  Thank you so much.

Jeni - You are genuine and selfless.  You have nothing but good words to say about people and are always VERY optimistic.  

Footcrow - We haven't talked in forever but oftentimes I look back at the old days and just laugh.  I know if I needed to lean on you now you would be there for me.  Thank you so much.

Desi - You can light up any room.  I haven't talked to you in ages but will always have a place in my heart.

Emily - I don't really know you yet but you are by far one of the sweetest people I know and have such a good spirit about you.

Erin - You are the thoughts in my head.  If I think it, you end up saying it.  You are crazy fun and hilarious.

Hollie - I am SO GLAD you are my sister in law (well almost).  There isn't a nicer more fun person from California I'd want to hang out with and besides who else would I be able to live out my Nancy Drew fetish with.  :)

Lindsey - I wish you still lived in NY.  I miss you like crazy.  You cry with me when I need to cry and you laugh with me when I need to laugh.  You have always been there for me and I am so lucky to have you as one of my best friends.  Who else would fly to NY just for a day to throw me a baby shower and who was willing to do it a second time, without being asked.  You are so giving, you always sacrifice for others.

Renae - I call you just about everyday and somedays I have no idea what I would do without you, you are one of my best friends.  You are so realistic that I would go crazy not having you around.  You are real, not fake and are not afraid to say what you think is right or wrong and I appreciate that.  We have been through so much together I am grateful for you beyond words.

Dad - If you figure out the computer and learn how to find my blog, I just want you to know you set the standard for so many things in my life.  You have taught me how to be an adult and when it's ok to have fun and when it's ok to be serious.  I couldn't have asked for a better father.

Mom - Everyday I wonder how the heck you kept the house clean while we were children.  One of my fondest and earliest memories is of you teaching me the alphabet with flashcards you made.  I contribute you to leading me to graduate with my English Degree.  You spend those most important years with us, while dad was in the military and you taught us well.

Chad - I have never met anyone who is willing to give it all for someone like you.  You are very strong and very brave.  I couldn't have asked for a better example as a brother and this is why your nephew bears your name as well.

And FINALLY......

Chris - You have grown and changed so much.  You are a terrific father and a wonderful husband.  You have more patience then anyone I know.  I am so grateful and lucky to have you in my life.  I wouldn't trade you for anyone.  I love you forever.

Bradley - You are too little to understand the ways you have blessed my life.  Maybe someday you will, but everyday when someone says how happy you are for a baby or when I see you laugh it's a reminder of how special you really are.

I love all of you and I couldn't ask for better people and examples in my life.  You all have touched my life in a very special way and I want you all to know how much I appreciate each and every one of you.

3 comments:

  1. HUG!!!! I'm glad we're sisters, too! Can't wait till October! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a good evening or day... whatever time it was that you wrote this. It looks like you have lots of friends. Enough to keep life interesting right? And by the way I don't know what I'd do without you either. You're amazing. Sorry I wasn't able to call you back today. And don't worry- I already have the title for my next post on Renae Today. It's called "Finding Joy." Well I've gotta relieve Jason from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did have some crazy fun times. Some of my most interesting camping trips were with you. Remember Wellesley Island and the baby food? And that weirdo guy that came with us? Yeah. Good times. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete