Monday, April 20, 2009

My Selfishness



Well pretty much since the miscarriage I have decided I'm going to focus a lot more on myself. I'm going to be selfish. Pretty much I'm going to the gym all the time, I've lost three pounds so far, I've been changing my eating habits and I've been tanning. I just got my hair done again and I'm looking forward to taking time to myself everyday. I definitely enjoy it, there's nothing more then that. I still want to lose twenty to thirty more pounds. I am also halfway out of the military. I've been released from ROTC and my unit is working on discharging me as we speak. I have made several goals for myself, my personal trainer at the gym wanted all of us to and at one point or another I'll post them, but not today. I also have written a story, true story, and at some point after much revision I'll post that too. But pretty much I'm focusing more on myself and I love it. I have been going to the gym almost every day (except Sunday) and doing whatever it is during the day to make myself feel good. I want to look rockin' this summer and it makes me wonder if I really want to start trying for our other baby in June or wait just a little longer, not much longer though.

Of course Bradley is still my little angel and he's growing in leaps and bounds. Currently he still pulls himself up everywhere and scoots to where he needs to while holding onto something, like the coffee table or couch. He also crawls like a big boy now and before I know it he'll be walking. He says, "Dad," "Dadda," "Mom," and "Mama," plus "Hi," but of course he doesn't know what he's really saying. Right now he prefers mommy over daddy and crawls to me, pulls on my pant leg when crying, will pull himself up my pant leg and just want to be held or played with. I'm so lucky to have a little angel like him and he truly is my little angel.

Chris is doing well, he has been studying a lot. I'm VERY proud of him. He now says he's hit his stride in school. I am very proud of him and very lucky to be his wife. I couldn't ask for a more patient husband then him and even though he drives me crazy sometimes in the middle of all of it he makes me laugh. I love him very much and wouldn't want any other husband.

2 comments:

  1. If you,re going to be selfish, this is definitely the way to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a new Jen. I'm glad you're feeling well about yourself!

    ReplyDelete