Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Potty Training

Potty training probably takes more patience then I'm willing to admit. Bradley is definitely ready. He lets us know when he's gone poo poo and he even took his toilet seat today and put it on the toilet himself. I do have to admit that I haven't been as diligent with him on this as I should have been. When we are potty training I know I need to pay 100% of my attention to him, which is hard for me to do, there's always something else going on...dishes, laundry, picking up, etc.

Bradley was sick about a month ago with a flu that included diarrhea and we decided to hold off since then. Now that I'm feeling more ambitious this is what we are doing again. Every night after dinner we put on the underwear until he goes to the bathroom, weather in the toilet or in his pants. It's been about half and half with him, unless we are out of our element, like in Lake Placid, etc.

When Bradley does wet his pants, we have him help clean it up. We tell him it was an accident but he is not allowed to pee his pants, but sometimes accidents happen. So far this has been working well for us and I'm hoping this year he actually is trained. Let's keep our fingers crossed. Until then..


...this is what we ended up with today, right before we decided to try the potty. He really is a little comedian....




We love you Bradley and these will be great blackmail photos when you are a teenager!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! There are so many different approaches. I hope this one works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was working before so it will work again. Chris and I just stopped when I got sick about a month ago. He adapts well to it.

    ReplyDelete