Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Toddler Time


So I've realized, I'm getting bored with the same old activities everyday with Bradley. I have been doing a little research and some things I remember from things I've read before kids (when I was a nanny) and beyond that. Hopefully they will give you ideas too. Bradley is only 18 months, but please share any story, idea or recommendation with me. These by the way are things I have not tried, but sound like a good idea.

1. Make a "parade" with stuffed animals, etc.
2. Act out a story from our favorite book
3. Have a picnic together (even in the living room)
4. Make a pillow pile to jump on
5. Make a super hero costume out of random things from the house
6. Plant a flower or vegetable together
7. Play dress up in mommy and daddy's clothes
8. Play red light green light
9. Toddler bowling with plastic bottles and a ball
10. Play tug of war with a blanket
11. Roll a tennis ball into an empty trash can or bin
12. Sketch your child with sidewalk chalk or on paper
13. Toss bean bags into a bucket

I was hoping to have a better number but as I was going through lists on different websites, I realize we've done many of them already.

2 comments:

  1. We've definitely done some of those. Be careful! Some of them will back fire and cause some house destruction.

    As for other ideas... I try to stick to the mellow activities like crafts, coloring (with markers, pens, or crayons), stickers, oh... wait! Those foam stickers are great. The boys love them, both of them! Highly suggest that one. Does Bradley put puzzles together yet? Adam goes right to town (tearing them apart that is), but he loves to play with puzzles. Then there's play-do and... I'm out of ideas for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally do crafts and the only time we really use the foam stickers is for his chore chart, which he enjoys.

    As for puzzles we already do those and play-doh.....I'm trying to avoid it but feel it's in my near future....lol

    ReplyDelete