Thursday, March 4, 2010

Ahhhh the Blog


I graduated with my BA in Creative Writing. Now I'm a stay at home mom and turns out don't have nearly as much time to blog as I thought. My husband is still in school, so I'm left home alone quite a bit. Right now actually he should be home but has to study at school. I'm proud of him and this, well leaves me very lonely. When Chris is home, oftentimes he's upstairs studying or whatever the case is. Any free time he has I try to consume it all, or as much as possible. I really miss my husband.

So what does any of this have to do with writing? The answer is, I feel like it's my only outreach for venting. I do call my best friend and vent to her more then anyone else, but right now she has three children ages three and under! YIKES! One or two nights a week I have an extra child to watch so I understand how busy it can get.

My writing skills are slipping rapidly. My dreams of publishing a book are still at large and every once in awhile I force myself to do it. Normally it's while watching "Thomas the Train" or "The Wiggles." Right now as I'm typing this it's "Handy Manny." I know it sounds like my child watches a lot of television and I honestly think he does. We do not watch it in the morning and only turn the TV on after nap time. He normally is up around 4:30. In the winter this is fine with me. Now that the weather is getter warmer and days are getting longer, I'm planning on cutting that back as well.

For the most part blogging is it. This is my writing. It's not nearly as creative as what it once was, before kids. I'm working on that. I normally just blog and hardly ever check for spelling or grammar. Sentence structure is not even a thought. Don't get me wrong, I want you to continue reading, it definitely is encouraging and I have a couple pieces I've worked on recently that will NOT be posted. One is an article for the church. I want to edit it and submit it to the church magazine. The second is a non fiction book, I finally feel like I have direction for it. Both are answered prayers. I've been praying for quite some time about those two. I've prayed for guidance and direction and it's starting to work out.

Blogging is keeping me going and I promise once I have more time, between packing, a toddler, moving, unpacking, establishing our life elsewhere and whatever else will come our way, I will be more creative in my blog entries. Until then....keep reading and I promise to those who have said my writing is an inspiration....just bare with me!

1 comment:

  1. Jen- I hopped over from your comment on Mormon Mommy Writers. I completely understand where you are coming from. I always had a desire to write, but the bug didn't really bite me until about 12-18months ago. I have a little girl who just turned three this December. So at the time it was very hard to get any of the time that I longed for. So I blogged. As she has gotten older and still has no siblings, I have been able to focus more time on writing.

    But writing to kids shows is difficult indeed.

    Anyhow I hop to hear more from you and just keep using those writing skills.

    ReplyDelete