Monday, March 8, 2010

Stay this Small Forever


My father and I have always been close. When I was a little girl he used to push down on my head and say, "Can't you just stay this small forever. Don't get any bigger." Now that I have my own child I find myself thinking and saying that to him. Bradley is a lot of work and a lot of fun, but I look around and wonder where the last eighteen months have gone.

Yesterday at church I sat behind Brother Saunders. He looked at me and Bradley and mentioned how he had children that small once before. Now his youngest is in his forties. I told him he must have blinked and his children grew up. He agreed, that must have been it.

I am very fortunate to be a stay at home mom. I get to watch Bradley grow and develop new skills everyday. Now he sleeps in his big boy bed and whenever he deems it right, runs into our bedroom to wake us up. At six fifteen in the morning, it isn't something I tend to cherish but regardless it's just as precious.

Bradley is only eighteen months but it feels like I blinked once and he went from a newborn to a toddler running around the house and testing out every gadget he can get his hands on. Can't he just stay this small forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment