Thursday, March 11, 2010

And the Packing Starts

Yesterday I was able to go through the attic and throw out the stuff we no longer needed, were using or just really didn't care enough about. There are a few things up there that still need to come down such as the baby bathtub and swing, plus our snowboards and a couple air conditioners and I think a garmet bag. Everything else is out of there and we are ready to move those to the new house. We have five boxes of stuff to throw out and ten boxes of stuff (mainly baby clothes and baby stuff) to take to the condo. I have all the boxes labeled what they are and where they need to go.

Now it's coming down to the basement. I'm hoping to get a start on that this week. In two weeks we get to move that stuff to the new house. It's exciting! It's definitely motivating to get it out of the house and into a new place. I already want it out of the hall. Needless to say both the truck and Escape will be filled on the first day.

I think the plan is attic (check - or mostly check), basement, then kitchen stuff we won't be using often (like the turkey roasting pan, etc.). After that I'm not sure what will be moved next....maybe some toys and stuff like that. I'm definitely motivated to get the stuff done and things taken care of. It's not happening soon enough at times. I guess that's where patience comes in.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You just reminded me how soon you will be moving. So sad, but exciting for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete