Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shakeology

I have never been big into protein shakes and in fact I have been against them.  I have used Special K pre-made shakes and I have also used Slim Fast and felt those were OK for a quick, need something on the go type of thing.

When my husband bought me the 21 Day Fix for Mother's Day (which was the ONLY thing I wanted), he decided to go above and beyond and get me a 30 day supply of Shakeology.  It was Vegan Chocolate and Vegan Tropical Strawberry.  Since I was already doing another type of weight loss program at the time, I decided to wait on it.  To be honest, I wasn't even thrilled he got it but decided in my mind that I would use it since he spent the money on it.

He tried the chocolate one day and said it was disgusting.  Great.  He would know he does protein shakes, etc.  I decided I would try it with a couple of friends over.  We read the back and it said you can add water.  Sounds great to me.  We added water, shook it up (it was the tropical strawberry flavored), I poured it in several glasses, since the kids were super excited we decided to allow them to try it too.  It didn't smell too bad to me....I took a sip and started to dry heave.  It was the most disgusting, vile thing I have tasted.  I couldn't handle it anymore, but knowing how expensive it was I drank it all.  I felt as if I was going to throw up for the remainder of the afternoon and into the night.  I even questioned if I had the stomach bug, that is how awful I felt (part of how I felt could have been because the next day I was in the hospital with a kidney stone, but that night I had no clue that's what was going on).
The picture above is the picture used on the Shakeology website.  I ended up complaining to a couple of my friends who swear by it.  With bravery and encouragement they suggested to NOT add water but almond milk and some peanut butter in the chocolate one and a banana in both.  One friend even sent me a Pinterest recipe for the tropical strawberry one.  I had given them samples of the Shakeology I had.  One friend tried the Pinterest recipe, I think it was strawberry daiquiri recipe using lime juice, lemon juice, fresh and frozen strawberries.  She said it was her favorite one.  

On Tuesday (my day 2), I decided to try that recipe between lunch and dinner (my most difficult time for snacking).  Oh my heavens!  The tables have turned people!  I LOVE Shakeology.  It tasted so different and MUCH better!  You just have to learn how to make it to suite your taste.  I couldn't get enough of it.  I ended up texting both my friends who encouraged me to try again, texted my husband and my best friend who I originally tried it with.  I said I was so wrong and Shakeology was amazing! 

My best friend asked me if it curbed my appetite that day and I said no, it made me more hungry (but remember I came off eating a lot of sugary foods like cupcakes and lots of chocolate and refined sugars).  

The next day (my day 3) I had used the chocolate vegan and hesitantly added a banana, almond milk and peanut butter, plus a few ice cubes.  It is by far my favorite!  Sooooo good!  I had it right after I did my workout (so around 9am) and then I wasn't hungry, didn't feel hungry, didn't even want to snack until after lunchtime.  In fact I was so full from it, I didn't eat lunch until late, around two and normally I eat lunch around eleven or twelve.    The chocolate recipe was so dang good I had it again today for breakfast.  

To anyone who didn't like it the first time, try again.  This time find a recipe that works.  I did and I am so grateful I did.  My husband accidentally ordered a supply that keeps refilling after 30 days and I am very grateful for that.  I cannot wait until tomorrow.  Doing Shakeology on the 21 Day Fix works well too, whenever I have it, even unexpectedly I change up my meals a little and honestly I don't mind at all.  I love it.  My three year old tried a small sip yesterday and loved it too.  If she loves it then things are good.  Don't give up on it, it IS worth it.  I LOVE SHAKEOLOGY!

In fact you can order it here....

No comments:

Post a Comment